Homeschool Oversight Program Extension - HOPE
Mission: HOPE, a ministry of the Church of the Open Door, has been designed to support and provide oversight, encouragement, advice, and record keeping for families who choose to “train up” their children at home (Deut. 6:4-6) in faith, virtue, and knowledge (II Peter 1:5) and to assist families in complying with Maryland law as described in COMAR 13A.10.01.05, which can be found on the internet at www.marylandpublicschools.org/MSDE/nonpublicschools/nplegal/comar/comar_13a_10_01.htm.
Purpose: HOPE will keep copies of report cards, oversight evaluations, and copies of standardized tests as submitted by families and create transcripts for diploma-program students. Families are responsible to keep additional records that become necessary for their admission to any other school system.
How To Apply:
- Request and Complete a Family Application
- Request and Complete Appropriate Student Application(s)
- Schedule a New Member Parents Meeting with the HOPE Director
- Membership in MACHE (Maryland Association of Christian Home Educators)
- Discounted annual fee for HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association)
- Fine Arts Festival (Bible, Music, Art, & Speech)
- Access to selected classes and activities at Carroll Christian Schools
- CCS Fine Arts Competition
- Access to CCS library during all CCS school hours when librarian is on duty
Mr. Benjamin Fried, HOPE Executive Director
(410) 876-3838 x426
Mrs. Laura Fried, Assistant to the Director
Mrs. Victoria Nelson, Fine Arts Festival Director
Miss Sarah Hahn, Diploma-Program Liaison
(410) 876-3838 x313
*Complete requirements and details are documented in the HOPE handbook and may be obtained from the Executive Director or his Assistant.